Why I find browser-based development interesting

I’ve been thinking about how much time goes into setting up a development environment before actually getting to work.

Installing dependencies, configuring tools, managing different versions, and keeping everything consistent across machines can become tedious, especially when working on multiple projects.

That’s one reason cloud-based development environments have caught my attention. Being able to open a workspace in a browser and continue working without repeating the entire setup process seems like a practical approach.

I’ve recently been exploring Velocity and its browser-based workspaces. The idea of having a persistent development environment that I can access from different devices is particularly interesting.

It’s an interesting direction for development workflows, especially as more tools move to the cloud.

1 Like

That’s one of the problems we want to address with Velocity.

Persistent workspaces and reducing repetitive environment setup are important parts of the experience we’re building. The goal is to make it easier to switch between projects and devices without having to rebuild your development environment every time.

We’re continuing to improve the platform and make cloud-based development more practical for everyday workflows.